Lancaster Parking Authority
Snow & Related Weather Emergency Policy
- A snow emergency is enacted by the City when there is anticipated 8”+ of snow and announced by the City on various media, website and social media outlets. To sign up for City E-Alerts click Here.
- When the snow emergency is enacted, LPA will provide downtown residents free parking in all LPA Garages for the duration of the snow emergency to allow for streets to be cleared. (All garages except RRTA).
- Residents should NOT enter the garage prior to the snow emergency start time.
- Residents should pull a ticket upon entry.
- When the snow emergency is lifted, residents have two hours to remove the vehicle.
- Two hours after the City ends the snow emergency, the hourly rate will apply for those parking longer than the two-hour grace period.
- Emergency Telephones: Emergency phones are red, with a background sign in red & white that reads Emergency Telephone. These phones are wall mounted. On roof level the phones are in weather proof boxes. Open the box to use the phone. If you feel threatened in any way or need emergency assistance for any reason, please use this phone. Push the silver button on the emergency call box, tell the operator what your situation is and they will dispatch the required emergency service.
- Phone Locations: These phones are prevalent in Prince Street, Duke Street and Water Street Garages.
- Automotive Assistance: If you need assistance such as a jump start, air for your tires and retrieving of keys from inside your car, we will try to help you. If we cannot help you, we will assist you in locating a commercial service center who can respond to your need.
- A Security Officer does patrol all the garages after hours until late in the evening.
- Escort: The Security Officer will escort you to your car if you desire such assistance. Call the Parking Authority Office at any time and either the office staff or the answering service will contact Security. Please provide a cell or office number so the Security can arrange to meet you. An LPA representative can be reached at (717) 299-0907 if assistance is needed.