Office Hours: 7:30-5:00
- Emergency Telephones: Emergency phones are red, with a background sign in red & white that reads Emergency Telephone. These phones are wall mounted. On roof level the phones are in weather proof boxes. Open the box to use the phone. If you feel threatened in any way or need emergency assistance for any reason, please use this phone. Push the silver button on the emergency call box, tell the operator what your situation is and they will dispatch the required emergency service.
- Phone Locations: These phones are prevalent in Prince Street, Duke Street and Water Street Garages.
- Automotive Assistance: If you need assistance such as a jump start, air for your tires and retrieving of keys from inside your car, we will try to help you. If we cannot help you, we will assist you in locating a commercial service center who can respond to your need.
- A Security Officer does patrol all the garages after hours until late in the evening.
- Escort: The Security Officer will escort you to your car if you desire such assistance. Call the Parking Authority Office at any time and either the office staff or the answering service will contact Security. Please provide a cell or office number so the Security can arrange to meet you. An LPA representative can be reached at (717) 299-0907 if assistance is needed.
- Snow & Related Weather Emergency Policy (as of 2/12/14)
· A snow emergency is enacted by the City and announced by the City on various media, website and social media outlets.
· When the snow emergency is enacted, LPA allows DOWNTOWN RESIDENTS to park their vehicle at no charge (not free for visitors) in one of five LPA Garages; Prince St, Duke St, Water St, East King St and Penn Square Garages (not the Central Newspaper and RRTA Garages which are not LPA Garages) for the duration of the snow emergency to allow for streets to be cleared.
· Residents should NOT enter the garages prior to the snow emergency start time.
· Residents should pull a ticket upon entry at all garages except Water Street (the entrance gate will be lifted since it is pay upon entry).
· When snow emergency is lifted, residents have two hours to remove their vehicles.
· Residents should provide their ticket to the cashier upon exiting ( or by pushing exit button at Water Street)
· Two hours after the City ends the snow emergency, the hourly rate will apply for those parking longer than the two hour grace period.