On-street metered spaces may be leased for weddings, large events, or for moving purposes. Spaces may also be leased to contractors for work being done and to business owners for projects being conducted. Metered parking is enforced Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Central Business District, and Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. in other areas, as per city ordinance. This information is also posted on the kiosks and meters.
Meter space rentals are $25.00 per space per day, effective January 1, 2023. The LPA will install posts with No Parking signs by 7:00 am on the morning of the rental and posts will be removed by LPA staff at the end of the rental period.
Please complete the below information to obtain an on-street daily meter space rental. Our customer service staff will provide payment directions and confirmation of the rental. We will process your request within 2 business days of receipt. If immediate action is necessary, please contact the office directly.
Meter Space Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Lancaster Parking Authority (hereinafter referred to as LPA) agrees to rent to the person or entity designated above (hereinafter referred to as Renter) the metered space(s) in the amount of $25 per space per day. Payment in full must be made prior to rental date.
- The renter shall not under lease, loan or otherwise permit the reserved space(s) listed above to be used by another person, firm or corporation.
- The renter shall not remove or move the poles from the agreed upon location. LPA is responsible for placing and removing poles upon this agreement. Illegal use of meter poles will result in confiscation and possible legal action.
- The Renter hereby agrees to compensate LPA replacement costs of $100.00 per pole if the Meter Pole is lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Cancellation of this agreement must be communicated in writing at least 24 hours prior to the time of rental for a refund to be considered. Cancellations in writing received less than 24 hours in advance will forfeit the first day’s rent.