Residential Parking Permit for the City of Lancaster, PA
The Lancaster Parking Authority (LPA) is responsible for the administration of Residential Parking Permits (RPP) based on the rules and regulations set by the City of Lancaster, PA. The program is designed to improve parking availability for neighborhood residents. Permit holders must continue to obey all parking regulations, including street cleaning and safety violations.
- Permits are tracked by license plate number and not a physical permit or sticker.
- Permits are valid by calendar year January 1 to December 31 and are renewed annually.
- Please allow time for our staff members to review your permit application during normal business hours. During permit renewal season, it may take up to 7 days to review applications.
- If you receive a permit parking violation while your application is under review, please complete a dispute.
- Scanned copies or photos of your required documents for proof of residency can be attached to your online application. Please make sure documents are clearly readable in the images prior to submission.
You will need the following items to apply for a residential parking permit either online or in person:
- Driver’s License with current address or change of address card
- Vehicle Registration
- Valid insurance card for the registered vehicle
- When applicable, other information necessary to verify residency. Acceptable documents include apartment lease or utility invoice.
Parking Permit Guidelines:
Parking Permit Guidelines are provided by Lancaster City Code and City Traffic Commission. Residential Permit Parking rules, regulations and information can be found on the following websites:
Please note Traffic Commission has a moratorium on adding any new blocks to the RPP program.