We have an exciting update regarding The Lancaster Parking Authority’s parking system. To enhance your parking experience, we will be implementing a cutting-edge License Plate Recognition (LPR) system in our garages. The LPR system will streamline your entry and exit process by automatically recognizing your vehicle’s license plate. This advancement will eliminate the need for physical tickets or white access cards, ensuring a more convenient and hassle-free parking experience for you.
The Duke Street Garage, Prince Street Garage, East King Street Garage, North Queen Street Garage and Water Street Garage have completed the transition.
Garage Monthly Parking Portal
Q: What if I drive multiple vehicles to the City?
A: Multiple license plates can be entered into the system so parkers can drive multiple vehicles during the week. The LPA will provide QR codes as an alternate credential for entry/exit.
Q: I have a bike rack on the back of my vehicle and the license plate does not read. What do I do?
A: Parkers will continue to use white access card for the near future. The LPA will provide QR codes as an alternate credential for entry/exit. This removes the requirement for an office visit if parkers forget their white access cards.
Q: My account is set up for automatic credit card payments. Will my payment process as usual?
A: All recurring card payment customers will need to enter their card information into the new system. Communications will be emailed during the transition with directions regarding payment set up.
Q: Will the LPA accept other payment methods other than recurring card payment.
A: The LPA will accept cash, checks and in-person card transactions at our administrative office.
Monthly Garage Parking Permit Lease Agreement
This lease, created at time of sign up between the Parking Authority of the City of Lancaster, PA (Lancaster Parking Authority), organized and existing under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the “Lessor.”
- PREMISES: Lessor leases to Lessee the number of assigned paid garage parking permit spaces (the” Leased Premises”) located at the assigned parking facility in Lancaster, PA (the “Parking Facility”).
- TERM: This lease shall commence on the date of sign up and may automatically continue on a month-to-month basis. Any request to cancel must be made in writing and received by the Lancaster Parking Authority before the end of the month.
- RENT: Lessee shall pay the lease at the posted monthly rate charged by Lessor per space. Payments are due on the first of each month. Lessee further agrees to pay a late payment penalty equal to $25.00 per parker for any amount not paid by midnight on the tenth (10) day of the month in which it is due. If the Lease is cancelled during the month, no refund of the partial month’s rent will be made. Parking usage without the use of the assigned paid garage parking permit is at the lessee’s expense and will not be refunded.
- NO ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE: Lessee shall not assign or sublet Lease to a third party.
- USE: Lessee shall use, or permit use of, the leased premises only for the parking of currently licensed and registered vehicles. The leased premises shall not be used, or permitted to be used, for any other purpose or activity including, but no limited to, sale, display, or storage of merchandise of any kind, storage of vehicles, or performing services (including services to vehicles). Parking shall be subject to Lessor’s rules and regulations for the Parking Facility. Lessee must use the paid garage parking permit to enter and exit the garage.
- RISK of LOSS: Lessor assumes no responsibility for vehicles, or their contents parked at or placed on the Parking Facility or the leased premises.
- DEFAULT: Lessee shall be in default: (1) if Lessee shall fail to pay monthly fee or other sum required to be paid to Lessor within ten days after the due date, or (2) if Lessee defaults in its performance to observance of any other covenant of the Lease, the Lessor shall not be required to give any notice and may declare a default immediately upon the occurrence of such default.
- LESSOR’S REMEDIES: Upon default by Lessee, in addition to any other remedies provided by law, Lessor may without further notice, exercise any or all of the following rights which shall be cumulative: (1) Terminate the Lease. Lessee hereby waives any right to notice under the Lessor and Lessee Act of 1951. (2) Require that upon termination of the Lease, Lessee shall immediately surrender possession of all parking access cards to Lessor; (3) Declare the unpaid Lease for the remainder of the term of this Lease immediately due and payable using the then current standard advertised rate for calculation of the rent payable for the entire remaining term of the Lease; (4) Bring one or more suits for the collection of rent and any other payments due Lessor, including reasonable attorneys’ fees incurred in the enforcement of this Lease and Lessor’s rights.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Lease sets forth the entire agreement between the parties, and there are no other agreements expressed or implied, oral or written, except as herein set forth. This lease may not be amended, altered or changed except in writing signed by both of the parties hereto. This Lease shall be interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.